Fusion has answered a call from Suited for Success, a charity that provides free clothes and preparation support for the unemployed going for job interviews in Birmingham, by holding a suit drive during September.
A Suited for Success spokesperson said: “First impressions count. Suited for Success is a practical vehicle to move people from long-term unemployment, crime and homelessness, into employment so they can become independent, financially stable and live more fulfilling lives. Looking the part for a job interview not only gives that all important great first impression but also helps to increase confidence, motivation and self-esteem.
“For many unemployed men and women, the expense of buying a new suit is unattainable, especially when struggling to get by on benefits, have recently been homeless or just released from prison. Not being able to afford an interview suit can be a huge barrier into employment for many unemployed men and women.”
Holding a suit drive is in synch with Fusion’s skills, education and employment (SEE) strategy, which incorporates school engagement, recruiting apprentices, supporting the National Colleges, creating work experience placements and tackling joblessness.
Becky Tranter, Fusion’s SEE Manager, said: “With collection containers in each of our main offices, we are hoping to gather donations of workwear from our generous colleagues. We have had placements and employees that have benefited from this service, and this is our chance to give something back.
“I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has already donated. The containers will be in place for the whole of September.”
Suited for Success is looking for the following:
- New and gently worn male and female suits (please no casual, soiled or clothing in need of repair)
- Men’s smart shirts, trousers, ties, jackets, shoes and accessories (including bags and cufflinks)
- Women’s dresses, skirts, trousers, tops, jackets, shoes, handbags, jewellery and accessories
- Suit carriers
- Shower gels, pamper packs, perfumes and aftershaves (for client gift bags)
They especially need:
- good quality smart men’s shoes,
- men’s smaller and larger suits (i.e. 28 – 30 inch chest jackets or 48+ sizes), 28 – 30 inch waist trousers, 17 inch men’s shirts
- women’s clothes size 16+.
Suited for Success will arrange to collect donations from large suit drives at offices and collection points in Birmingham. To arrange and for more information, make contact via:
telephone: 0121 236 7770
social media: Facebook – suitedforsuccessuk and Twitter – suitedforbham